Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Noina's Story

I first heard the name of Jesus when I was in school during Christmas but I did not have full understanding of who He is. Years later, I had faced many losses. My husband passed away when my child was 6 months old. Six years later, my parents died and I had to take care of their business which I really did not understand the business world. Finally, I could not keep my parent’s large wood business, so I lost the company and ended up with a 10 million baht debt. I cried to sleep every night and sometimes I had to take sleeping pills. I tried hard to solve my problems in order to have enough money to raise my child and pay off my debt. Fortunately, I own a small guest house where I can earn some money to support my family for living. Before I was a Christian, I went to many places to do meditation, to give merit and to worship idols. I thought all of theses would make my life fulfilled.

One day I met a widow who stayed at my guest house. I could see that she has peace in her life though she lives by herself. I thought she also saw how desperate I was. She challenged me to pray and receive Jesus into my life and give all burdens to Him. She also confirmed that I would be able to sleep, so I did not hesitate to follow her suggestion. I prayed and invited Jesus to come into my life and was very sorry for all the Buddhist things I had done. Surprisingly, that night I was able to sleep without taking the pills!

Since then I have been experiencing how God helps me through my sufferings; career, debt, and raising my child. He would always provide the way out in His time. I continue to pay on this debt to honor my parents and every month Jesus provides a way for me to meet our nees and to give to others. When I met Jesus, I was dirty, starving and hurt. He gradually cleans me from head to toes. He changes me day by day.

Even though I am stubborn sometimes, He shows mercy to me, heals me and forgives me every time. I do not want to be a stubborn child to Him anymore. Thus, I pray for changes in my life and love that I would have for others. I ask Him to teach me how to serve Him.

God provides things more than we can imagine. As I had experience working with tribal people at the border between Thailand and Burma before, I began to have a heart for these people. I want to be able to help them in areas that they need; for instance, education and social welfare.

God also gives me opportunity to know people who have a burden to assist children in remote areas. We support their education, sport equipments, Solar cell device, clothes, food, toys and etc. We spend 1-2 nights with the children when we visit them. We play games, sports and sing some songs with the kids to tell them that we are here with God’s love.

Moreover, we have a burden for evangelism in villages and schools in the countryside so that the kids will receive what they need in lives including salvation. I’d like to ask you to keep me in your prayers. May God bless you. Noi Na

2 comments:

Jodi said...

What a well written testimony to the greatness of a Mighty God who constantly cares for the needs of His children! There is a new cry in the earth, the cry of a generation who require God as their food, their drink, and the very air they breathe. As we cry out to Him, you are included in our prayers today!

Jodi said...

Noina-You are so important to the Body of Christ and we give thanks for all your efforts in the Kingdom of God. May God continue to strengthen and awaken you to His fullness!